Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday's Feast #2

APPETIZER

What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?

My middle name is Renae, and I love it.  If I could change any of my names, I would switch my first and second name around.  I'm not sure if Renae Kimberly sounds that great together, but Renae is a much lesson common name (especially the way mine is spelled), and "Kim" is very common.

SOUP

If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?

This is an interesting question for me, since the only television I've really been watching for the past two months is former seasons of Project Runway, which I have been able to borrow from the public library.  I am interested in fashion, but there is no way I can keep up with current trends due to budget; however, I do like to look stylish and presentable when I exit my house.

I love fabrics that feel good next to the body.  Jersey fabrics with a stretch to them are wonderful to wear, but not so fun to sew.  I would use a mix of black with colour as well, depending on the article of clothing, its purpose, and design.  The styles I would create would be for the everyday woman, not some style that's totally "over-the-top".  I like the "norm", but I would incorporate a bit of a twist--a small detail that sets the item apart from others similar to it.

SALAD

What is your least favorite chore, and why?

I really do not enjoy cleaning my bathrooms, for obvious reasons.

MAIN COURSE
 
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?

I am a musophobia, which means I have a phobia of mice.  I cannot necessarily trace this phobia back to any event in my life, but I just think mice are disgusting creatures and I don't want them living anywhere near my personal belongings, or in locations that I spend time in.  So, it's kind of weirdly interesting that I live in the country where mice abound.  We've had to kill less than 10 mice in our house since moving here 6 years ago.  I'm glad it hasn't been more.

DESSERT

Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.

I am sitting in our office, on a chair that's not comfortable, typing this blog post.  I can see my son Ty (getting white paper from the printer so that he can build a paper airplane), my coffee mug, and my 2013 desk calendar.  I can also see piles of messes, which have accumulated over time . . . these messes are going to get cleaned up today!

1 comment:

~Rain``` said...

I think you have GREAT style and I absolutely love your middle name!