Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Multiple Fractional Factors

Today I am thankful for . . .

863.  The gift of Fun Math for Me.  I was helping Mitchell with his math yesterday and I just wanted to keep doing the type of questions he had to do regarding the new concept.  I really wish I would have caught-on to this stuff back-in-the-day.  I would have had such a better average in school if I could take way all my marks relating to math/number-based subjects.  In case you're wondering, the concept he was learning is known as Multiple Fractional Factors, in which you have to use products of primes to simplify the multiplication of fractions, or the multiplication/division of fractions.  Here's an example of a question we did:
12/105 x 14/30 x 15/14
It was so much fun!

864.  The gift of An Encouraging Blog Post I read regarding living the decade of the 40's.  You can read it here.  What I am about to say won't make sense unless you read the link, but I can totally relate to the writer when she refers to her 30's as being a decade of faith and her 40's being a decade of hope.  That is exactly how I feel.

865.  The gift of Eating Leftover Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Pie.

No comments: