Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Girl Named Katherine

Today I am thankful for . . .

897.  The gift of Attending a Robin Mark Concert.  The boys and I were really encouraged by his music and words.  We all got to meet Robin after the concert, and the boys got autographs from all the band members.  They especially like the drummer:)

898.  The gift of A Girl Named Katherine.  We've been wanting to start a child-sponsorship for a while now, and at the concert, World Vision was there recruiting sponsors.  We picked a girl from Honduras named Katherine.  We are looking forward to sending our first letter to her soon.

899.  The gift of Food.  I am currently at the beginning of a 12-hour fast due to some blood tests that I have to get done tomorrow and I'm looking forward to when it's over.  I guess this will give me a taste of the reality of what so many people in our world face--likely having to wait more than 12 hours in-between meals:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear that you are now involved in child sponsorship!

Anita