Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Favourite Meal

Today I am thankful for . . .

781.  The gift of Phone Calls to Encourage and Be Encouraged by a Lovely Young Woman.

782.  The gift of Another Meal Supplied by My Mom.  My dad was over to work on the renovation project again (I'm not sure what we'd do without him:)) and while my mom wasn't able to join him this time, she still sent us supper.  This time it was something that I was actually craving, and it's one of my favourite meals . . . wareneki and farmer sausage with cream gravy.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a traditional German-Mennonite meal.  Wareneki are cottage-cheese-filled pockets (kind of like perogies, but they are bigger and the filling is cottage cheese, not potatoes.  The cottage cheese is fresh from the Hutterite Colony where I work; it's not store-bought and it tastes amazing).  The farmer sausage is fried and then a gravy is made from the drippings of the sausage together with whipping cream.  Fattening?  Yes.  Amazing?  Yes!

783.  The gift of Motivated Students at our Homeschool.  Every day that goes by, the more I am affirmed by our decision that we've made the right choice for our family in deciding to homeschool.

No comments: