Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Seven-Seven-Seven

Today I am thankful for . . .

777.  The gift of Seven-Seven-Seven.  Can you believe that I've made it this far?  This journey has been fun--tracking a minimum of three things per day that I am thankful for has been a good spiritual and emotional exercise for me to participate in.  2012 has been full of so many blessings so far, and I'm sure those blessings will just keep rolling in, just so long as I'm looking for them:)

778.  The gift of The Return of Drum Lessons for the boys.  Mitchell and Ty are both taking lessons from a very gifted teacher, for which I am thankful.  They both came out of their lessons beaming . . . smiling from ear-to-ear. 

779.  The gift of A Family Rate for the drum lessons.  Since Mitchell and Ty are brothers, the instructor is giving me a discounted rate--I'm so thankful for this, since extra-curricular activities tend to be a bit expensive once you start adding everything up.

780.  The gift of One-on-One Time with my boys.  While one was having their lesson, I took the other one out for supper.  Of course, that meant I could have been eating supper twice, but I didn't.  For the second hour of eating, I just had a beverage.  Since the boys are homeschooled, they spend a lot of time together, and there doesn't seem to be much one-on-one time, so I'm going to take this opportunity each week to reconnect with my boys individually.

No comments: