Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friends are Fun!

Today I am thankful for . . .

314.  The gift of Having New Friends over for supper.  Mitchell and Ty have a brother-and-sister duo as a best friend combination.  Today their whole family was here for an afternoon and evening of visiting, food, fun and laughter.  I love this family so much and I'm so grateful that God sent them to us.

315.  The gift of Tacos.  I prepped everything this morning, so when it came time to eat, all I had to do was heat the meat, take lids off of containers and set the food on the table for a supper buffet of tacos.  Thankfully this was a huge hit with our guests.

316.  The gift of Creativity with Dessert.  Last night after my party, there was a jumbled mess of leftover Saskatoonberry cheesecake, which I had intended to serve to our guests tonight.  However, due to the "jumbled mess", it wasn't really serve-worthy, so I went to Plan B.  I put the leftover cheesecake into my mixing bowl, crust and all, added whipping cream and beat everything together.  Then, I took graham crumbs and sprinkled a tablespoonful into a parfait dish.  I added a few spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture, added a layer of whipped cream and topped it all off with Saskatoonberry jam.  It was delicious!

No comments: