Thursday, February 8, 2007

No Job

So, I went to the interview this afternoon and I thought it went quite well. As far as I could tell, there was only one other person being interviewed for the job; the interviewers have already informed me that the position was given to the other candidate. I am disappointed in some ways and in some ways I'm not. I am at peace with the decision that was made and I look forward to what other doors God will open up for me in the future. Even though I strongly felt God directing me to apply for this job and everything, I know that in itself didn't secure the position for me. I think God was just trying to teach me another lesson in trusting and obeying.

I shared with Wayne how I was struggling with not being a financial "contributor" to our family anymore. Once again he affirmed me in my role as a wife and mother and truly wants me to be at home with the boys, providing for all of us in that way. My contribution as a wife and mother are more important to him than dollars and cents. I guess I should feel blessed and not distressed.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

It sounds like you did what you were supposed to do... and then you let God open and close the doors. Good for you for trusting Him!

It's very hard to make the transition to S.A.M. As you've pointed out, our sense of worth seems tied to doing something other than being a Mom... and society certainly pressures women to imitate men in the working world. It sounds like you've always wanted to stay home, and your husband is supportive... so I say, rejoice! Since men derive a great deal of satisfaction from being the sole bread winner, and if you two can afford it, why not give it a whirl?

Hugs, e-Mom