Monday, December 11, 2006

I Must Take a Break

So, as much as I love to blog, I'm finding that I need to take a break from writing for a couple of weeks. In order to succeed at actually moving from our current home to the acreage, I am basically banning myself from the computer completely, with the exception of checking e-mails and occasionally checking my own blog for comments and traffic reports.

We are doing the BIG MOVE this Saturday, December 16th, and there is still so much to be done here as far as last-minute packing and cleaning. I know that if I don't ban myself from the computer, I'll never get my work done. Like, if I decide to take a 10-minute break and check out the blogging world, that 10 minutes often turns into 40 or 50 minutes. Not good. So therefore, I'm making myself do this so that I can get my work done.

Our Internet access at the acreage will have to wait until after Christmas, so I'm not sure when my next post will be. But I've already been thinking of topics and titles to write about. Here's a sneak peak at what's ahead: "FOG - Following Our God"; "Sentimental Bathroom"; "Sisterhood" and probably one entitled "Moving Day", or something about our move in general. I look forward to writing on these topics soon! Please keep checking, though. You never know when I may sneak something in!

Au revoir, and Merry Christmas!

P.S. Have I mentioned that this whole "owning our own acreage" is a surreal experience? We went out on Saturday to show my parents the place, and I just kept thinking to myself, "This actually belongs to us. We're the owners!" Hard to believe, but true. After an extensive tour of the house and yard, my dad said to me, "Kim, I'll trade you my place for yours." I responded, "No, thanks, dad. I think I'll keep my place." I guess he really liked it!

No comments: