Friday, November 10, 2006

HUSBAND plus WIFE (minus CHILDREN FOR THE DAY) equals MUCH-NEEDED DATE!

SalmonLast night I took my boys to their grandparents' house for a couple of days. That means my husband and I get one entire day together without the boys around. Oh, the joy, the bliss, the wonder. This rarely happens. Since today is the official "day off" for my husband in lieu of Remembrance Day, he and I are both home at the same time without any kids around! Yippee!

Please don't get me wrong. I love my children. I already miss them like crazy. But I'm sure all of you "married with children" individuals out there can attest to, days like these are a welcomed blessing every once-in-a-while.

Wayne and I both have projects to complete today. Me, thoroughly cleaning the house. Since I've been so sick I haven't really had the motivation or energy to accomplish much aside from making the beds and doing the dishes. Hopefully I don't over-extend myself today. I plan to work in mini-stages and have breaks along the way as I'm cleaning. A realtor is coming through late this afternoon to show the place, so I really want to make a good impression. And Wayne is attempting to reconstruct the engine in his truck so that we'll have a second vehicle again (we've been without one since March of 2005). He also has been "assigned" by moi to shovel out our sloped driveway. This is a bit of a daunting task . . . one that my health wouldn't really allow me to attempt earlier in the week.

We had a HUGE amount of snow 2 days ago, which I was actually hoping and praying for. (Sorry, I know there are those of you out there who absolutely detest this weather, but it was bound to happen sooner or later). I think the snow makes our back yard look more appealing. So hopefully this will make potential buyers like the place better.

So, after our projects are complete, we will be going on a "date". I'm so excited. I'm not sure exactly what we're doing yet, but that will come to us as the day progresses. Right now I don't really care, as long as I can spend time with the love of my life.

No comments: