Thursday, November 9, 2006

Time and Eternity


The present is the point at which
time touches eternity.
C.S. Lewis

I was really encouraged by this quote today. In all reality, my struggles and failures, mistakes and hard lessons are all part of God's bigger plan for me, which is an eternal home in Heaven. We are living in God's eternity already. "Today" is where God's eternity and my reality have met face-to-face. How is what I'm doing "today" going to affect my eternity for "tomorrow"?

I'm going to spend some time reflecting on this today, even though sometimes this concept makes my head spin. We live in a world full of expiry dates, which makes this "eternal" concept difficult to grasp.

The one thing I do know, however, is that God promises this glorious eternity to those who choose His gift of salvation. And that makes me rejoice!

No comments: