Friday, November 17, 2006

Dove Evolution


I grew up striving to look like the models in magazines. This carried on well into my twenties. I worked through lots of self-esteem issues during my years at Bible School and Business College, and eventually came to terms with who I am and what I look like and finally accepted myself for the way God created me.

When I saw the video clip entitled "Dove Evolution", I was relieved to know that what I had been striving for all those years was unattainable. Click on the link to campaignforrealbeauty.ca to find out what I'm talking about. It's astounding. No wonder there are so many women in this world with a distorted self image. The "people" we see in ads and on covers aren't even real people! They're artwork.

Have a beautiful day, all you beautiful "real" people out there!

No comments: