Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Hubby!


Today I am thankful for . . .

872.  The gift of My Husband Wayne.  Today is is his birthday.  We celebrated with the extended family a few weeks ago, so tonight it was just the boys, myself and him.  We had a delicious meal of pulled b-b-q beef, baked potatoes, corn bread, coleslaw and lava cakes for dessert.  I was quite disappointed with the lava cakes--not the "explosion" I was looking forward to, and definitely not as good as I thought they'd be.

873.  The gift of These Words, posted by a friend on Facebook in her status line, which I really need to hear at the moment.  (I can't go into any details just yet, but there is a tiny piece of my heart that is not at peace right now):

"My peace is an inner treasure, growing in you as you trust Me. Circumstances can't touch it.
Be still, enjoying peace in My presence."-Jesus Calling

874.  The gift of A Great Week Off.  Due to the way our school division schedule runs, my boss did not schedule me for any work days this week.  I have a total of 11 days (including weekends) off in a row, which won't happen again until Christmas.  I return to "normal" scheduling next week.  The past week was rather surreal, and I kept telling myself, "This is what our days would be like if I weren't working."  Our days were busy, and I didn't get as much "extra" stuff done around the house as I had hoped, but it was a good week, nonetheless.  I love the privilege I have to spend so much time with my boys as I teach them.  It is truly a blessing.
 

1 comment:

~Rain``` said...

What a gorgeous picture of your husband and you!