Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Storms

Today I am thankful for . . .

559.  The gift of A Late Morning and Afternoon Thunderstorm.  Usually our storms take place later in the day, or in the middle of the night.  It was actually kind of fun for the boys and I to watch one in full-force during the day.  We were all "counting" how far away the lightning was.  The closest it came was less than one mile away, which resulted in some pretty big thunder booms!

560.  The gift of Discovering Another Flowerbed.  It was covered in weeds--mostly chickweed.  I've got a plan to rid myself of this ugly weed.  I hope it works.

561.  The gift of A Life That Continues On.  Some very good friends experienced a different kind of storm overnight.  The husband of the couple had a massive heart attack and his wife got him to the hospital just in time.  He has had surgery to repair the blocked artery that the doctors initially discovered, but will require more surgery to rectify another issue.  This family is a huge example to me in the area of persevering under trials, as displayed in the past.  We are thanking God that He has given more days to our friend.

No comments: