Friday, June 1, 2012

Just a Girl

I'm just a girl who . . . .
. . . isn't always the greatest mother.
. . . isn't always the greatest wife.
. . . isn't always the greatest friend.
. . . isn't always the greatest Christian.

Noticing a theme here?

Yes.  Not the greatest of days.  Well actually, my day was okay until I got home and then the ugly in me came out.  And came out again.  And came out again.  Why do I allow that?

This week has been different for me in the sense that my work scheduled was re-arranged to start with no working days and end with working days.  I think the "out-of-routine" week may have thrown me off completely; either that or, I've allowed Satan to creep into places he shouldn't be.  Yeah, I would have to say the latter explains it all.

I found out yesterday that my hours at work for next year will remain the same.  There is a sense of relief in that, but also a sense of disappointment.  I was really hoping to gain at least 5 hours per week so that I could justify trading my car in for a more road-appropriate vehicle.  This spring the mud has been almost impossible for my car to manage; in winter, the snow banks can also be impassable (although this past winter we didn't have much snow, so it wasn't really an issue).  The other reason I was hoping to have a bit more cash flow is so that I could save up for a trip to California next summer.   Neither of those two things are going to happen now.

I'm just feeling a bit discouraged with some things in my life right now, and I hope I get out of this slump soon.  I don't like being here (emotionally) . . . and I'm sure my family doesn't like me to be here either.  In one sense the end of June cannot come soon enough; however, summertime brings challenges of its own and I am really hoping and praying that I remain faithful to trust in a God who supplies all our needs.

So today I am thankful for the following . . .

459.  The gift of Bedding Plants for my flowerbeds and planter boxes.  Tomorrow I get to plant them!

460.  The gift of Having a Job that I Enjoy.  I feel very blessed to be working in an environment that provides daily challenges, but also, daily rewards.  I work with great people and my students always provide that "interesting twist" that makes a day more fun. 

461.  The gift of June.  Following a distant second-place to December, June is my next-favourite month.  I don't know why, especially since I don't really enjoy summer as much as the next gal.  I think I prefer it because by June the green has almost completely emerged in nature; the roads are usually drier and the sun doesn't get quite so hot.  June also comes with the anticipation of completing a school year, beginning summer holidays, and watching the physical world around me unfold with colorful blossoms.

No comments: