Thursday, May 31, 2012

The SON, not the Sun

Today I am thankful for . . .

456.  The gift of A Yellow Sweater.  I wore a yellow sweater to work today, and I was told at least ten times that, "You are the sun today."  I guess the sunny/buttery yellow color was a welcome change to the dull colors of winter that I've been wearing all year . . . I just hope and pray that my demeanor was that of being like the SON, not the sun.

457.  The gift of Connections with others.  I met the mother of a friend tonight -- it was a brief moment (about 10 minutes), but I was encouraged by this woman's warmth and encouragement.

458.  The gift of Positive Results in Standardized Testing for the boys.  I began our "CAT" tests yesterday, and I'm very pleased with the results thus far.  All my hard work (oh yes, and the boys' hard work) this year in the area of homeschooling seems to have paid off.  I know these tests are not the end-all and be-all of one's existence, but for me, they assist in affirming/confirming that we made the right choice to homeschool, and that my efforts, despite the way we are choosing to go about this process, have worked so far.  We still have a few more tests to go, but I am encouraged by the results up to this point.

No comments: