Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cookies and Lemonade

Today I am thankful for . . .

411.  The gift of Acting on What I Believe to the a Prompt from the Holy Spirit.  It's not earth-shattering or anything, but I took cookies and lemonade to a couple of Hut***tes that were working at some grain bins near our house.  I passed them on my way home from work, and felt the prompt--"Go take them some lemonade and cookies to refresh them."  One of them is a student of mine--he left school early to help his dad at the bins.  It was such a hot day outside today, and with the way they dress, I thought they must be boiling to death.  My boys joined me as we delivered the goods.  My student and his father seemed to appreciate the refreshment.  The staff at our school don't get much interaction with the fathers of our students, so it was kind of neat to show this act of kindness to a father and son.  I have no clue what they really thought of what I did, but I guess I shouldn't really care since I was acting upon God's directions.

412.  The gift of Creating Our Own Slip 'n' Slide.  The boys did this last year, and today was the second time this spring that it was hot enough to use again.  Mitchell and Ty always have a lot of fun and I think they must enjoy it a lot because as soon as it hits above 20 degrees, they're asking if they can set up their Slip 'n' Slide.

413.  The gift of Struggles that I Experience so that I can help others who face a similar circumstance.  It's often hard to understand why we go through the things we do; but it's amazing to look back and see how a negative experience is actually helping you give aid to a friend who is currently facing a similar struggle, because you have truly "been there" and can relate to what they're going through.  Our life experience can benefit others if we allow it to . . . if we are open to share our heart and story with others.

No comments: