Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Tyrone's Birth Day

Today I am thankful for . . .

350.  The gift of A Time Change for Ty's Drum Lessons.  Due to Ty's recital scheduled for June, his teacher needed to reschedule the "regular" time with an alternate time so that the other drummers Ty is performing with could all meet at once.  I hope this time change continues on for a while . . . the 9 - 10 hour Thursdays in the city are really draining on me, especially when one of the boys and I have to "kill time" for hours on end while the other boy is doing his thing.

351.  The gift of Mitchell's Youth Group.  Tonight they had their final party for the year and I just love all the leaders so much.  They give so much of their time and energy to this ministry and I'm so thankful for them.

352.  The gift of A Blast From The Past.  Tonight while Ty and I were in Costco "killing time" while Mitchell was at youth group, a "stranger" approached us.  It turns out she was no stranger at all.  She was one of the First Responders (from our former town) on the scene after Ty was born in our bathroom almost 11 years ago.  I recognized her immediately, and all the memories of that day flooded into my mind.  It was so great to chat with her and I think she really enjoyed meeting Ty again, 11 years later.

1 comment:

Janine said...

How very cool to run into her. What are the odds? Great way to revisit a special day, that's for sure.
I ran into the nicest nurse on staff when I had Ella almost seven years ago. Elva, she remembered me and seemed so pleased to meet Ella all over again.