Friday, February 17, 2012

Special


Today, I am thankful for . . .

142.  The gift of Desserts.  I'm having some girl friends over tomorrow afternoon to celebrate important women in their lives, and we'll be eating dessert.  Lots of dessert.

143.  The gift of Knowing It's Okay if My House Isn't Perfectly Tidy or Clean.  I can't believe I just wrote that.  I literally have 101 things to do before I entertain my friends tomorrow afternoon.  But I have a strange peace about the fact that if I only get 51 of those things done, it will still be okay.

144.  The gift of A Phone Call from my stepson, Thomas.  He doesn't get to call often, and considering where he is, he sounded quite well.

145.  (I'm adding an extra one for today:)  The gift of Sending a Special Package in the mail.  The recipient of this package could have a changed life if she embraces what she reads inside the package. 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Amen and amen to "the house doesn't have to be perfectly clean" part! It's the time spent with friends that's more important and I for one wouldn't care if your house was a disaster - I'm happy to just hang out with you. Looking forward to this afternoon!