Sunday, February 26, 2012

Refiner's Fire

Today I am thankful for . . .

170.  The gift of Spending Time with Another Family that has a boy around the age of my boys . . . plus they have a daughter around the same age as well, who is positively delightful!  It has been such a blessing to get to know a couple of "newer" families in our church the past couple of weeks as we have been able to experience their hospitality.  I love to entertain people in my own home, but I am equally excited to enjoy the fellowship of others in their homes as well.  Today was no exception.  We were truly blessed by spending time with this family today.

171.  The gift of God Giving Me a Sense of Calm after rather chaotic moments prior to leading my BOOK Club ladies through their reading of the book of Job this morning.  Sometimes I wish I didn't react to things in such a "frazzled" fashion.  I know it's part of my personality, but honestly, couldn't I just be quiet for once and act calm, cool and collected?  I don't think grace has ever been one of my strong points.

172.  The gift of Recognizing that a Time of Testing in my life, which began about 16 years ago, has actually began to show itself as "golden" as I continue to work through this continual test; of course, the ultimate "gold refinement" will not take place until I reach my final destination of Heaven; but I can see progress here on this earth, and that is encouraging. 

Job 23:10 
"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me,
I will come forth as gold."

I am going to add one more for today, since this "gift" is extra super-special:

173.  The gift of A Response from My Facebook Friend about the Bible I sent her.  She has received it and she is so grateful for it.  Now, my prayer is that she will read it and be transformed by the Word of God.

No comments: