Saturday, February 25, 2012

Many Thanks

Today I am thankful for . . .

167.  The gift of Feeling Affirmed in our Decision to Homeschool.  Attending the Homeschooler's Convention was inspiring and motivational - just the thing I needed about this time of year.  It was great to connect with others who have similar educational philosophies as we do, and I have no doubt in my mind that we are doing the right thing for our situation.

168.  The gift of Safety in Travel.  We were supposed to be hit with a pretty severe winter storm today; however, the storm warning was lifted as I was travelling to the convention; we got snow and wind, but not as much snow as originally predicted, so it was just an average winter day on the prairies.

169.  The gift of A Ploughed and Shoveled Yard, thanks to my husband!  Our yard is completely surrounded by evergreen trees, which provides a great shelter from the wind; however, when it snows, even a little bit, the snow tends to pile up and not blow away . . . which means that even if the roads and highways are good in our area after a snowfall, the yard still gets very snowy.

No comments: