Sunday, February 19, 2012

Receiving Hospitality

Today I am thankful for . . .

149.  The gift of Getting to Know A Family. We were invited for lunch and an afternoon visit with some friends from church whom we are beginning to get to know as a family.  They have kids that Mitchell and Ty both like spending time with, and they got to do some pretty fun stuff together this afternoon.  It was a blessing to receive the hospitality of this family.  Unfortunately, Wayne had to miss out, as he is battling a nasty flu-head cold these days:(

150.  The gift of An Exciting Week Ahead.  I am tired, but I am feeling so blessed with my life right now.  It's school break, even though the boys and I have rearranged our homeschooling schedule for the next two months so that they can have two mini-breaks -- one this month and one next, which means they have two days of school this week and three days off.  Tomorrow we've got  a family movie and games day planned; Wednesday we hope to go to watch a hockey game of our closest city's junior hockey team, which we try to do once a year; Thursday the boys will be going on an overnight excursion with their grandma and grandpa, which means one-on-one time for Wayne and I; Friday I've got two "dates" with friends - one for lunch and one for supper, plus Friday and Saturday I'll be attending the Homeschooling Convention, which will be a new experience for me.  And to top it all off, on Sunday we will be visiting another family for lunch after church.  They also have kids that Mitchell and Ty enjoy being with.  A full week ahead, but some relaxing moments as well.

151.  The gift of Finding a Coca-Cola Shirt for my husband.

No comments: