Sunday, October 10, 2010

Upwards and Onwards

September was a difficult month for me.

Transitions for all of us were not easy--the boys with school . . . me with my job relocation . . . changes in all of our schedules--going from total relaxation to total mayhem.  It was tough.

And in the middle of this, my small, but impactful accident happened.

I'm glad it's October.  Things are finally starting to settle down.  The boys have finished their season of Cross-Country running.  Mitchell's volleyball season is coming to a close in a couple of weeks.  He starts extra band practices this week and will also be involved in Tae Quan Do on a weekly basis; Ty's got swimming lessons for 5 weeks starting at the end of October, so yes, we still are busy, but somehow things feel like they are slowing down.  Maybe they're not really--maybe we are all just coping better.

My face is almost completely healed--no more obvious bruising, but I've still got a decent-sized bump on my temple, and my eyelid is still somewhat swollen.  However, I am on my way to recovery with regular trips to the chiropractor and massage therapist.  I do have a confirmed case of whiplash . . . I didn't realize how bad it was until I started getting "fixed".  Does that make sense?  My chiropractor has been excellent at developing a program that is going to restore my body back to the way it should be, and massage therapy is helping too.  Plus, I was approved for an injury claim through my insurance company, which I didn't think I'd qualify for since it was a hit-and-run.  My insurance will cover the cost of my treatment, plus reimburse me for mileage to and from my medical appointments.  Unfortunately, the police will be unable to investigate the actual accident any further, due to the fact that I have very little information to provide them with.  They were very sympathetic to my situation, though, and I have received excellent "customer service" from them throughout the entire process.  Some businesses could learn a thing or two from our city police, with regards to how to treat people properly.

That's about all I can tell you.  I have so much more to write about--many post topics are swirling in my head of late . . . hopefully I'll have more time before the end of this month to share what's on my mind.  Lots of cool stuff--I see God's hand in everything going on in my life, and that's exciting!  He is not dead--HE IS ALIVE and AT WORK!

No comments: