Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sneak Peak

After finishing up Ty's tiger-themed room, I moved on to paint in Mitchell's room.  His theme:  Star Wars.  I'm still waiting on some decorative touches to arrive, but here's a sneak peak at what's been accomplished up to this point.

In a galaxy, far, far away . . .

The bedding, without the pillows (long story);

Lime Pop wall intersects with Licorice Stick wall
and a white ceiling;

Wall art courtesy of a Bianca Amor's Liquidation Centre;

Wall decal that is on order--this is what I'm waiting for!  It's quite large and will be centered on the red wall.

Mitchell's Lava Lamp--complimenting the existing
colors of the room.

Aside from the Star Wars logo, I've got some other finishing touches to put up as well, but I'll save those for my final reveal.  It may be a few weeks before I post the final results, but it's been really fun to put this room together.    We've rearranged Mitchell's furniture and reorganized his "stuff" in order to accommodate the changes.  It's amazing what a "new" room will do to inspire keeping it neat and tidy.

2 comments:

~Rain``` said...

Fun, fun, fun! I am looking forward to when I can do this with our kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow! These two rooms (tiger theme and Star Wars theme) look great! Now I am wondering if room makeovers would help my kids feel motivated to keep their rooms clean... :o)

Anita