Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Icon"-ic Issue Resolved

For the past several years, I've been using a website called "The Cutest Blog on the Block" to obtain interesting and unique templates for my blog.  I've always thought that Blogger had rather boring choices when it came to templates.  I got rid of my "CB on the B" templates today on both this blog and my sewing blog, because I had a suspicion that they were the cause of the problem I eluded to in yesterday's post.  As soon as I removed the template, the weird icon was gone.  It appears that "CB on the B" has re-vamped their website, which is probably why I've been having issues.

Over the past few months, I've noticed the new "Design" category on my tabs whenever I use Blogger Dashboard; however, upon initial inspection I thought the new template designs were still lacking in originality . . . that is, until I started monkeying around today and made some interesting discoveries.  There are WAY more choices now and you can create your own designer template without having to know much about HTML or Javascript, which is a bonus for me because really, I have no idea what those words even stand for.  I just know enough to NOT fool around with a lot of that stuff if I want a normal-looking blog.

So, here is my new look . . . there is a transparent setting which enables a background picture to be seen "behind the words"; and there are lots of pictures to choose from for that.  I've made changes to my sewing blog as well, but I chose a more basic template which I made little or no changes to.

I'm just very thankful that my iconic issue has been resolved, even if it meant changing my template, which I really liked; but it was time for a change around here anyway.  I hope you like the new look!

4 comments:

michelle said...

I love the new look! At least you are still taking time to fiddle with your blog. I haven't had a chance to even look at mine in ages.

Michelle

Stacey said...

i am terrible about taking the time to explore blogger and change things up! i need a facelift in more ways than one!! :)

Melanie N. Brasher said...

Love the new look, Kim!

Susannah said...

It's looking mighty perty around here... but are you still blogging?

Just stopped by to say Hi...

I hope your summer is going well, Kim.

Blessings, e-Mom ღ