Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Feast #76

Appetizer
Name one chore you don't really mind doing.

Washing the laminate floor with my Swiffer Sweeper.  I love that I get to actually see how much dirt I've accumulated and I love that I get to throw all the dirt into the garbage!!!

Soup
How many times have you moved homes in your life?

I was raised in a small town in Saskatchewan.  When I was 3.5 years old, we moved to a different house in the same town.  At the age of 18, I left my small town for another small town in order to attend Bible College.  If you consider a dorm at college a home, (which I do), that would have been my next move.  I then moved away from college to a neighboring province (west) to work for the summer.  I moved back to Bible College in fall. When that school year was over, I moved to my original home again for summer to work in the area, and then moved to the city where I lived in my very first apartment while I attended Business College.  Then I changed homes again when I returned for another year of Bible College, where I lived in-dorm for 8 months;  Following that, I moved to a Bible camp in my own province to work for the summer.  Then I moved back to the Bible College again, where I lived in-dorm and worked as an Assistant Dean.  When that school year was over, I moved to a different province again (this time east) to work at a Bible Camp for the summer.  Then I moved back to the city again, where I was for 2 years; then I married and changed locations within the same city.  Then we bought a house in a small town--lived there for a whopping 8 years and then moved to where we currently live today.  We've been here for 3.5 years and I have absolutely no intention of moving again in my lifetime if I don't have to. 

So, to answer the original question:  I have moved 15 times in my lifetime.  Wow.  That's a lot.  Or maybe not.

Salad
How old were you when you had your very first kiss?

As embarassing as this may be for some people, I am pleased to report that I did not receive my first kiss until December of 1992, which means I was 20 years old.  My next kiss came some time later, when I met my now-husband, and yes, the rest is history.  In retrospect, I wish the kiss at age 20 had never happened.  Wouldn't it be so cool to tell my kids and grandkids that I've only kissed their dad/grandpa?  Yes, it would have been cool.  But obviously I won't be able to tell them that without lying, so I won't.

That was a strange question to answer.

Moving on.

Main Course
What time of day do you usually feel your best?

This is an easy question for me to answer--the morning.  However, this past week I've been feeling like throwing-up in the morning.  And no, I don't suspect this is morning sickness.  If it is . . . oh boy.


Dessert
Using three words or less, describe your current local weather.

Calm, cool and collected.  And when I say cool . . . it's a pleasantly cool summer evening here on the Saskatchewan prairies.  If only the mosquitoes would vacate, everything would be perfect.

*I'm actually writing this post Sunday evening, not Friday evening.  I started working on the Friday's Feast Post Friday but ran out of time to finish it, so for Dessert, you're getting an answer regarding the actual weather right at this moment.  I can't even remember what the weather was like on Friday evening.

No comments: