Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday's Feast #58

Appetizer
Briefly describe your living room.

Currently, my living room is in a state of chaos.  The couch and two of my three chairs are located where they should be.  However, the coffee table isn't quite in line with the couch.  My end tables are nowhere in their correct locations . . . not to mention, these three items are VERY dusty.  My piano is perfectly placed into its little "alcove" . . . the rest of the room is full of laminate floor that needs to be laid down in the remainder of the house; my husband has tools (somewhat neatly) placed in the room; there is laundry scattered and/or folded everywhere and there are toys in places they shouldn't be.

If this question is supposed to answer what my decor is like (i.e. color of fabrics, walls, etc.) then I can only tell you this:  The walls are recently painted.  The color is champagne glass, which is a really soft pink.  The floors, also newly installed, are a wide-planked walnut laminate; the couch and one chair has floral upholstery.  I also have a pink chair (which I loathe and would love to replace with something more modern) as well as a wooden rocking chair.  My coffee tables and end tables are glass-topped with antique brass-looking curvy legs.

Soup
List 3 things you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2010.

1.  Install flooring in the remainder of the main floor of our house;
2.  Paint every bedroom in the house (there are 3);
3.  Start a cake-decorating business.  I'm going out on a limb here, people; this is not likely to happen.

Salad
When you're online, what do you spend the most time reading/playing/doing?

Most of my time online is spent at one of four places:  my bank's website, my employer's website, my blog or Facebook.

Main Course
What would the title of your autobiography be?

Imperfect

Dessert
What time do you usually go to bed?
 
Never early enough--usually around midnight, which is beginning to be TOO late!  Last night I opted to skip fireworks for Canada Day because I was too tired.  I was in bed by 10:30 p.m.  My new goal is to be sleeping by 11:00 p.m.  We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

Kimmy - I think your "goal" to start a cake decorating business it great! You do a great job! I've had some cakes that are wonderfully decorated on the outside but don't taste very good. And I know that with you, the cakes would be beautiful AND taste great because you are a talented baker. So go for it! If I was closer, I'd be a regular customer. Love ya!

Stacey said...

put the cake decorating biz goal at the top of your list!!

start small...blogspot website to feature your cakes, a portfolio book, cards you make at home to hand out, word of mouth! you could so do it!

what about teaching adult ed classes at a local community college?