Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yep, The Goals Were Too Lofty!

So, guess how many things I've accomplished on my to-do list this week?

Zero. Nada. None.

But, I'm going to blame that on The 2010 Winter Olympic Games. I've never watched so much "sport" at one time in my life. It's been worth it, though, I think. I much prefer the winter Olympics to the summer Olympics, and we only get to see them every 4 years, and this year they happen to be taking place in my own country, so yeah, that's what I've been doing. Watching Olympics. LOTS of Olympics.

Two more very important events are taking place, today and tomorrow. Men's curling is today and Men's hockey is tomorrow. I can't wait to see either. However, both will be viewed in a delayed format, due to the fact that we've got some family activities planned this weekend, namely, Blades hockey tonight so that I can see Jordan Eberle play in person (the Blades are playing the Regina Pats--Jordan plays for Regina), and tomorrow we are going swimming after church and I'm not sure when we'll be home from that. I'm setting my PVR to tape both events and hopefully news of the outcome will not be leaked to me by media or other sources. I'm going to have to stay off Facebook in order to avoid results that I may not want to know about.

So, yes . . . the incompletion of my lofty goals has resulted in disappointment and shame. (Not really. I just thought that sentence sounded kind of dramatic.)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: