Wednesday, May 20, 2009

12 Years, 6 Days and 44%

12 Years

Wayne and I celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday, May 17th. Yes, we celebrated 11 years of wedded bliss. We joke about this because year 1 of our marriage nearly set off WWIII. The 11 years following have been so much better!


6 Days

I haven't had a Diet Coke since Thursday, May 14th. This is a record for me. I'm trying to cut-back my Diet Coke consumption. So far, so good. I don't even really miss it.


44%

On Tuesday morning I was called into the Principal's office to meet with the Principal and Vice Principal. They assured me I wasn't in trouble. However, I was given the news of major staffing cut-backs in our school. They have had to cut one E.A. completely, plus some. Fortunately, I am not at the bottom of the seniority list, but I am still affected by this all. I will still have my job in September, but only 44% of full-time hours. This equals 13.2 hours of work per week. There is hope, though . . . the Vice Principal informed me today that I'll likely be getting an increase because another E.A. has requested less hours for next year. Nothing has been finalized as of yet, but it sounds like I should be up to at least 50% for next year.


P.S.
Thank you for all your encouraging comments after my "Messy" post. I feel blessed to have a unique support system through blogging. I appreciate you all.

5 comments:

~Rain``` said...

All three are accomplishments. Wow, 12 years already! Hard to believe. Next year will be #13. An anniversary to REALLY celebrate! ;)

We trust the God will work out your employment situation for the best.

The Walker Family said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear things are starting to improve...Happy Belated Anniversary!! I had to laugh at your comment on your first year....that was Geoff and I's first six...:)Have a great weekend Kim!

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you didn't get cut and I hope it goes back up to the hours you want. You nevern know who else might decide not to come back!

The Walker Family said...

Hi Kim, thanks for the email comment regards the letter...glad you liked the flowers :) Take good care!

Kristy said...

Kimmy. You are a doll. I wish I had more time to hang out with you and catch up on all your posts - for now know that you are loved by many and are one precious chicky!
**hugs**
(I'll be back soon...)
Blessings~