It's been a while since I've posted anything; not that I don't have anything to say . . . I just haven't had a lot of time for blogging lately. I've been reading, just not writing. So, I thought I'd just give a bit of insight into my world of late.
1. Our 2-year old truck needs a new transmission. Since January 2009, this is the third truck-related issue we've had and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it. Thankfully Wayne is on the night shift this week so he and I are able to share the car. When I get home from work he leaves. With my car. That means I'm basically stranded at home in the evening, but my neighbor has offered me her vehicle in the event that I need it for something. It will be over a week before we get the truck back.
2. It has been frigid here. Last night the temperature (with the wind-chill) reached -49 degrees Celsius. That's insane for March. By Friday it's supposed to be melting. Go figure.
3. I keep gaining weight. Pants that I intentionally shrank in Fall are now getting too tight. It's embarrassing. I shouldn't have shrank the pants. It seems my 5 pound gain may have increased to 8 pounds (see post below if this doesn't make any sense to you).
4. My job has taken an interesting turn. In a couple of weeks I'll be getting paid to shop and hang out with friends. More on that later.
5. I'm thoroughly enjoying Season 8 of American Idol. My favorite is Danny Gokey.
6. I never seem to overcome the laundry issue.
7. My boys are on a new "Chores" program which we implemented last week. They are thrilled with my new system and can't wait to get their chores done each day.
8. In light of some stories I've been hearing lately, I'm grateful for the boys I have. My parenting issues with my youngest two boys pale in comparison to what some other parents have to endure.
9. I wish I could snap my fingers and have all the renovation and upgrades done in our home. But I know this is wishful thinking. If money were no object . . .
10. Speaking of money, I don't get what all this recession talk is about. We personally have not felt the effects of the recession. Maybe that's because we've lived in our own little recession for our whole married life.
11. I was only going to write 10 things, but I must share this with you as well. I feel God planting an idea in me to start a summer outreach program for the kids in our community. It's all in the preliminary stages (in other words: I am scared to death to do this, but I feel God prompting me). I'll keep you posted on this as the plan develops.
I hope this post finds you warm, cozy and well. I'm going to go try some Green Earl Grey Tea. I'm not sure how it's going to be, but it's worth a sip or two, I'm sure.