Hello, all. I've got seven minutes (7!!!) to send you all a message via my blog. I'm at a library computer which is timed, so I don't have much time to "chat".
However, I will let you know why I haven't been around. Our computer was infected with a very nasty virus the last weekend in June. We just "ordered" a new CPU and are waiting for technicians to build us a computer that will be better than we've ever had before. So, I've been without a computer for a few weeks now and it is very annoying.
Some of you were asking for prayer requests. Here they are (as well as some praise items) in the short amount of time I have left at this computer station. No major details right now, but I'll write more at a future date.
1. I fractured my foot on July 6th. I tripped over a baby gate (puppy gate), which I've crossed over a thousand times, but just this once I didn't lift my foot high enough. I'm sort of out of commission for most of the summer.
2. Wayne's dad is very sick and just wants to go home to heaven. He's been wishing for this since his wife passed away almost four years ago. We hope and pray he can have his wish.
3. My puppies all sold within days of advertising. This was a huge answer to prayer.
4. We celebrated my dad's 80th birthday with my entire family the last weekend in June. All but two members (Thomas as well as my niece's husband) out of 30 were present. A great time was had by all.
5. I still have not heard the status regarding my job at the school. This is very frustrating to say the least. Plus, I may not be eligible for employment insurance due to the fact that I quit my job previous to my school job and despite the fact that I made my claims as to why I quit that job, the government may not consider it valid enough. We rely on my providing some sort of income, so summer is a bit tight money-wise, which is disappointing, because there's so much Wayne and I would love to do with our boys and also with some house renovations.
6. Things with Thomas are in a completely downward spiral. I haven't updated my other blog, but I will once we get our own computer back. Please just pray for him and us as we work our way through some difficult stuff.
I think that's about it. I'm trying to relax about everything that needs to be done and my inability to do it, because of my fractured foot. I can tell when I've over-done it, due to the fact that my foot and calf hurt like crazy if I've worked too hard. This is difficult for me . . . I like to be productive.
Thank you all for your care and concern. I hope to be back in the world of regular blogging soon. Very soon, I hope.