Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I Need Another Vacation!

We got back from our mini-vacation this morning at 1:30 a.m. But I already feel like I need another vacation!

I'm tired and have loads of work to do in order to keep up with everything that continued growing while we were gone. My relish and salsa preparation days will soon be upon me. My apples are going to be ready for picking soon too. And today my peas will experience their last day of harvest. The corn and potatoes are better than ever. Yes, the garden did just fine while I was gone.

Despite the fact that I'm very tired right now, our vacation was WONDERFUL! I don't think I've ever had such a great time with my husband and kids. For the most part the boys got along well and they were exceptionally obedient when we were out-and-about visiting museums, the zoo, science centre and other educational explorations. I'm so proud of them! And my husband . . . calm and cool through some very unfortunate "We're lost!" moments. And I was the happiest I've been in a long time.

I'll write more and get some pictures together too, once I've got a bit more free time on my hands. My printer is currently at the electronics hospital, and I need it in order to download my pictures, so it may still be a week or more before I get all the pictures up on my blog.

So many stories to tell. But you'll have to wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the pressing question is...Did you visit the little church??? You know it is tradition. (Big grin!)

I am so glad that you had a great vacation. Ahhh yes, those long weekends every month in summer are one of the fond memories I have from back home...completely unheard of down here. You get 4th of July and then nothing else until Labour Day.

I wish you all the best with your garden. I know how much work it can be when everything seems to all be ready at one time and it seems like there is no end to the bountiful produce pouring in. I guess it beats the alternative.

Becky said...

Glad you had a great time. You deserve it!

Amy said...

Hi Kimmy! So good to hear you had such a nice time. Isn't it a nice feeling to be happy and content? Lookikng forward to seeing pics of your trip. But I can be patient ;o)

Thanks for your birthday wishes yesterday. I love the number 7 also. And I turned 43 so if you add the two together you get 7!!! Thought you might like that!