Sunday, June 10, 2007

Two Quizzes

QUIZ #1
*My answers are in italics.

Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
*Bill Gates *George Bush *Hugh Heffner *Donald Trump *??
*these are mere guesses and I
suspect I'm wrong with some of my answers.

Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.

*I don't even know what the Heisman trophy is.

Name the last 5 winners of the Miss America contest.

*I have no clue.

Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.

*Marie Currie and other than that I don't know.

Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.

*Tom Hanks *I can't think of anymore.

Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

*The last decade? Hmmm....I couldn't even tell you who won last year!

How did you do? (I personally didn't do too well.) Few of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

QUIZ #2

List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
*Mrs. Burak *Mr. Berg *Mr. Doerksen

Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
*Anita *Julie *Daphne

Name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile.

*Reuben (my dad) *Elizabeth(my mom) *Wayne (my husband) *Thomas, Mitchell & Tyrone (my boys) *Les (my boss at my former workplace)

Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
*Wayne *Anita *Tammy

Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
*Wayne *my boys *my family (all 27 of us!) *Anita *Julie (this list could go on for a LONG time!)

Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
*(King) David *Moses *Joseph *RAD Support Group Moms (there are over half a dozen of them!)

The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.

I found the above note/quiz in my church mailbox today. It was addressed to me from our church's Children's Minister. She ended the quiz by thanking me for "investing in our kids" at church through the different ministries I'm involved with at church. I thought it was very thought provoking and I needed to share it with all of you.

I posted my answers to the questions just for the fun of it. Doing the second quiz took less time and less thought than the first one. Our Children's Minister is right. Every person I mentioned in the second quiz is a person who cares about me. They've invested some part of themselves in my life and I'm a better person because of their investment.

I'd encourage you to think about this and participate in the quiz as well. It was a great exercise for me to contemplate the important people influences in my life over the years. Now I'm going to have to start sending out some thank-you notes!

No comments: