Thursday, April 26, 2007

Socks with Feet that Walk & A Cooking Crisis


I don't know about you, but I've got a serious laundry issue that has followed me all the days of my laundry life.

Why is it that socks which start out as pairs when they go into the washing machine, turn up without their partner by the time they get out of the dryer? Do they have their own built-in feet that help them walk away and hide from me? What gives?

I bought the boys each 3 pairs of Spiderman socks about 3 weeks ago, and this past week when I did laundry there were no more matching pairs for these socks. I've searched the boys' bedrooms, making sure that they didn't miss the laundry bin when they tossed their socks, but no, they're not there. They aren't in the washing machine; they aren't in the dryer. Where have all these socks gone?


I'm so frustrated by this!


Thank goodness summer weather is now upon us and we can start wearing sandals. My sock issues can go away for a few months now. But then everything will start up again in fall.


On another note: I'm getting tired of cooking. Okay, maybe it's not the cooking I'm getting tired of. It's knowing what to cook that's getting to me. It's halfway through the afternoon and I've got no ideas about what to make for supper tonight. It doesn't help that we need groceries, but we don't exactly live near a supermarket, so I'm stuck with what I've got until the weekend. Then I can buy some groceries . . . Oh, joy! (Grocery shopping isn't exactly my favorite pass time). What are you making for supper tonight?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

my friend Amber has an awesome receipe blog that we contribute too - check it out!!
http://ikissbetterthanicook.blogspot.com/

Beba said...

I don't know why, but the same happens with our socks too, especially Daria's that are pretty small. And yes, i have no more ideas about what to cook next! I am out of ideas. I think, that i will make weekly planner for cooking and stick to it