Friday, April 6, 2007

Consider the Cross

Road to the Cross by Brian <span class=
Artwork: Road to the Cross by Brian Jekel

When I see the cross you carried
to the crest of Calvary
The symbol of your suffering seems beautiful to me
On a day filled with injustice, when the cup you drank was bitter
All that I can see is love whenever I consider

The cross, the cross, the precious old cross
where you took all my sin and you covered the cost
And apart from your mercy my gain is loss
when I consider the cross, oh when I consider the cross

So take all of my successes any honor I have won
I lay down everything thing here before what You have done
'Cause my life is not my own now, Lord I see You as the giver
and I will spend eternity so grateful to consider....

I will dwell upon the crown you wore, the nails that caused your scars
All other scenes will pale beside what's burning in my heart...

Belinda Smith and Sue C. Smith
2004 New Spring Publishing, Inc. ASCAP/Bridge Building Music, Inc./BMI
(admin. by Brentwood-Benton Music Publishing, Inc.)

No comments: