Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunrise . . . Sunset . . .

My view out every window at our house on the acreage is incredible! Since I don't have much time for writing, I thought I'd at least give you a glimpse into the world around me.

We call it God's Splendor.

SUNRISE . . .

SUNSET . . .

Since it's December 31, 2006, I thought I'd briefly reflect on the year. One phrase sums it all up: "God is Faithful." This is actually the theme of my life in general, but 2006 has particularly ringed true of this reality.

In January 2006 Wayne was working in Saskatoon at a job we thought was secure. Two days after returning to work after the Christmas break, he was laid-off. We had bills to pay and only his one week of remaining pay plus proceeds from the sale of a litter of puppies to live off of. But within days of searching for a new job, Wayne was offered a welding position at a company located 1.25 hours away from home. With much thought, prayer and deliberation, he took the job. It was the best decision we made as a family, because it led us to our current home.

Our mutual dream of living in the country became a reality in 2006, and it is only by God's grace that we are where we are today. God has brought us through many trials, joys, frustrations, tests and times of uncertainty this year, but we are grateful for the growth we've experienced both personally and spiritually as a result of the bad news Wayne received at the beginning of 2006. One year ago today I didn't think I'd be writing from my large, beautiful home in the country at the end of 2006!

Enough rambling.

Bottom line: God is good. God is gracious. God has blessed us immeasurably! Thank you, God!

1 comment:

EternaLee said...

PTL! Welcome to blog world.

Blog world!
Blog world!
Party time!
Excellent!