Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mission In Motion

Despite my attempts to start packing during the day yesterday, my efforts were futile. My husband always calls me on his way home from work to let me know "where he's at" and just to check in. Fortunately for me, this is the time of day where he and I can talk without getting much interruption from the boys. We communicate a lot during these "I'm on my way home" phone calls. Yesterday was no exception. I was so down-and-out when he called. And so frustrated. And so disappointed in myself over the fact that I hadn't accomplished much of anything throughout my day. He was very encouraging, though, and helped me feel better about my day and it just felt good to have some adult talk.

After putting the boys to bed (which was another long, frustrating ordeal), I decided to get into motion and start packing a few things. I actually accomplished packing up the entire living room! I was so impressed. Now the room looks stark and bare, but that's what this whole house is going to look like eventually. Obviously I haven't dealt with the furniture yet, but anything that could be packed away from the living room is now packed away. One room down. Only 8 more to go (plus closets).

Today I'm sure I'll be on the phone all morning again, making more appointments and arrangements pertaining to moving. This mission is in motion and it's going to continue that way. I'm going to make it happen!

No comments: