Thursday, January 9, 2014

6 WEEKS POST-OP "Thin White Line"

This morning I had my 6-week post-op appointment with the surgeon who performed my recent surgery, and he is very pleased with the way my incision is healing.  He said that it will take about a year for my body to completely heal, and by the time the year is over, the scar will only be a thin, white line.  Aside from what I'm already doing (applying pure Vitamin E cream several times a day), he said to just continue on with life as usual.

At my appointment, I also received my pathology report about the cysts that were removed.  There were actually three cysts--the one that I could feel was the largest, and there were two smaller cysts which were positioned in such a way that they could not be felt externally.  The results are that all cysts are benign.  I'm SO thankful for these results and I give total praise, glory and honour to God in Heaven for everything that has transpired as a result of this surgery . . . and for sparing me from a less favourable outcome.

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty,
the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy
health and salvation!"

~Joachim Neander~

No comments: