Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday's Feast #3

APPETIZER

Name a board game you enjoy playing (Scrabble? Monopoly? Trivial Pursuit?) What's fun about it? Do you change the rules or go by the book?

My favourite board games are games that involve lots of interaction and the use of words.  My current favourites would be The Game of Things, Scattergories and Balderdash.  I also really enjoy card games such as Canasta, Kaiser and Hearts.  I generally don't change the rules to games . . . why would I?

SOUP

How's the weather been in your area lately? Hot and dry? Wet and muggy? Stormy? Beautiful?

It is January in Saskatchewan, Canada . . . which means it's C-O-L-D . . . and windy.  Did I mention it is COLD?

SALAD

Do you consider yourself an emotional person? What types of emotions do you experience most often?

I thought this was a hilarious question, because if you spend more than 10 minutes with me, you'll know the obvious answer.  Yes, I am an emotional person.  The emotions I experience most often are happiness, joy, excitement and a spirit of thankfulness and hope.  Those are all emotions, right? 

If you would have asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have given you a very different answer.  I would have said . . . worry, fear, anxiety, anger, frustration, with happiness mixed-in now-and-then, but not as much as it should have been.

MAIN COURSE

List 3 songs you've been listening to recently. Are these songs from a different category of music than you usually choose, or are you devoted to a certain type of tunes?

Right now I'm really enjoying an artist named Michael Gungor.  According to Grooveshark (my on-line streaming music site), he's considered Gospel/Soul/Worship.  My favourite Michael Gungor song is Beautiful Things.  I also really enjoy Chris Tomlin (anytime), and my favourite song of his at the moment is God's Great Dance Floor.  Since giving my son the newest Taylor Swift CD, Red, I've been listening to it quite a bit.  I know, I know . ? . ? . I'm 40 years old and liking Taylor Swift . . . but her music kind of brings me back to a time in my life 20+ years ago, so I guess I like it because it makes me feel nostalgic. 

My musical preferences tend to gravitate towards worship, songs that evoke life experiences in a compelling way, and songs with lyrics that I can understand and sing along to.

DESSERT

What's on your refrigerator door? Magnets? Your child's drawings? Photos? Calendars?

I have magnets, photos of friends and family, as well as the current Bible memory verse I'm learning for my BOOK Club.  My fridge also functions as a display board for pictures drawn by my boys, as well as "gifts" received from my students at school (i.e. colouring pages that they've completed).  I also have a huge magnet (about 8 x 10 in.) of my favourite hockey player, Doug Gilmour.  I'm not sure where that magnet came from, or how long I've had it.  It's just always been on our fridge.  One other necessary item that is posted on our fridge is Mitchell's youth schedule.

No comments: