Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday's Feast #1

APPETIZER

Do you get excited when the season begins to change? Which season do you most look forward to?

Yes and no.  I really appreciate the fact that I live in an area of the world where there are four distinct seasons, but there are pros and cons to each season.  For example, Spring is lovely because of all the "newness" that is emerging in nature, and I also appreciate the slightly warmer temperatures that Spring brings; however, Spring also means a messy yard, muddy footprints and annoying wetness. 

My favourite season is Winter.  I am not like most people.  I enjoy cooler temperatures, the snow, hoar frost, and ability to "rest inside" during the little free time that I have.  I find that in summer, I always have this nagging feeling to get outside and tackle all the work that takes me away from more enjoyable activities.  I will say this, though:  last summer was my favourite summer of living on the acreage.  We did a lot of outdoor work to keep the yard looking its best, in anticipation of my 40th birthday party, which was held outdoors.  I am hoping that my motivation and inspiration to spend more time outside this summer will carry over from 2012.

SOUP


What day of the week is usually your busiest?

My busiest day of the week is usually Thursday.  Thursdays are spent homeschooling in the morning (or sometimes we volunteer at Toddler Gym Time at our church on Thursday mornings); then we bake with other homeschoolers and take our baking to a youth centre to play with the kids there.  Following that, we grab a quick supper and then it's off to take Mitchell to his drum lessons, followed by taking Mitchell to his weekly Youth event at church.  Depending on the Thursday, I may or may not have worship team practice.  If I don't have a practice, Ty and I usually hang out with Ty's best friend and his best friend's mom, or I make arrangements to get together with another friend.  If that doesn't happen, I run some errands.  There have been some Thursdays on which we left the house at 8:55 a.m. and returned home at 10:30 p.m.  I am glad that every day isn't like that . . .

SALAD


Would you consider yourself to be strict when it comes to grammar and spelling? What's an example of the worst error you've seen?

Yes, I consider myself to be strict when it comes to grammar and spelling.  There are many examples of "the worst grammar I've seen", but I would have to say that one of my biggest annoyances is when people misuse the words to, too and two in their writing.  I am also frustrated when the word "seen" is misused.  For example, "I seen an owl on my way to work." is not grammatically correct.  "I saw an owl on my way to work." is correct.  I am also annoyed when people misspell Mitchell's name.  It is often spelled with only one "l", and that just bugs me.

MAIN COURSE

Who has a birthday coming up, and what will you give them as a gift?

One of my closest friends is having a birthday soon.  In fact, tonight I plan to take her out for dessert and coffee to celebrate her birthday.  She loves books, so my gift to her will be a gift card to one of her favourite book stores.

DESSERT

If you could have any new piece of clothing for free, what would you pick?

This is easy.  I would pick a pair of black leather boots . . . almost to the knee and high-heeled.

No comments: