Monday, December 31, 2012

Closing the Door on 2012

I bid farewell to 2012.  This was my 40th Year, and as a result, I attempted to "celebrate" as many of my days as I could, being eternally grateful that God has given me this much life to experience.  Some of the highlights for 2012 were . . .

1.  Attending a Chris Tomlin Concert;
2.  Taking the Boys to The Science Centre and Titanic Exhibit in Regina;
3.  A Visit from My Very Good Friend, Daphne, and meeting-up with two more fantastic friends while she was visiting;
4.  Our Very First "Big Event" in the Women's Ministry that I'm Involved in at My Church;
5.  Mitchell's and Ty's Drum Recitals;
6.  Completing the First Full Year of Homeschooling With Success!;
7.  Meeting A Fellow Blogger, Michelle, face-to-face for the very first time!;
8.  Planning and Executing My 40th Birthday Party (maybe I
should say "parties", since I had more than one party to enjoy:);
9.  Visiting My Sisters in Alberta and Doing Various Things with them;
10.  Visits From Various Family Members During the Summer Months;
11.  Attending the Third-Annual Sisters Weekend in Edmonton with my 4 sisters and one sister-in-law;
12.  Attending a Robin Mark Concert, and meeting Robin and His Band Members;
13.  Reading Many Inspirational Books.  The two that stand-out in my mind most are:  One-Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp, and Grace, by Max Lucado;
14.  Re-Joining a Worship Team at My Church, after a 12-year hiatus;
15.  The Birth of Alaska's Puppies;
16.  Attending the Women's Journey of Faith Conference;
17.  Baking for Hands-On and Volunteering with my Boys;
18.  Getting to Know Some New Families and Watching My Boys Develop New Friendships with the Kids in Those Families;
19.  Cutting My Hair Shorter;
20.  Attending A Homeschooling Conference;

Today I am thankful for . . .

1113.  The gift of 2012.  I had so much to be thankful for!  God taught me many things this year and I experienced so many blessings!

1114.  The gift of 2013.  I look forward to seeing what God has in store!

1115.  The gift of God's Purposes Revealed.  I definitely don't "know it all about my future", but I love witnessing God's purposes and plan unravelling for me as a new year begins and unfolds.

Isaiah 46:9
 
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done.


Ecclesiastes 7:14
 
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so touched that I made it into your "top 20." That visit was absolutely one of the best parts of 2012 for me! I really hope for another in 2013. Kim, I have so enjoyed reading your blog almost everyday and for the snapshot into your life each day as you shared your items of gratitude. I'm secretly hoping it will continue. "One Thousand Gifts" is a book I hope to purchase soon. Thank you for inspiring your readers to see the gifts in each day. Love you so much!

~Rain``` said...

Congratulations on counting 1000 gifts and more! Amazing!