Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Smell of Grandma's House

Today I am thankful for . . .

991.  The gift of My House Smelling Like My Grandma's House (Momentarily).  Tonight for supper we had farmer sausage, noodles and cream gravy.  When the boys came to the table, they commented on how good supper smelled to them.  I said, "It smells good to me too.  It reminds me of my Grandma's House."  They both said, "It reminds me of our Grandma's House too."  Well, the Grandma they were referring to is the daughter of the Grandma I was referring to, so I guess it's all genetic.  Hopefully my grand kids will associate a good smell with their Grandma's house too (which would be my house:)).

992.  The gift of Words in an E-mail, which affirmed a friendship that is currently formulating for me.  I sometimes feel like I push my friendship on people, and I don't want to be that way . . . so when someone tells me that they'd "love to hang out while the kids are at youth", I'll take that as affirmation that she is enjoying my company as much as I'm enjoying hers.

993.  The gift of Repaired Hockey Nets for the boys.  Wayne and Mitchell worked on repairing their nets while Ty and I were away for the evening.  Pretty soon the outdoor rink will be ready for the boys to skate on, as they are very anxious for this phase of winter to begin.

No comments: