Friday, October 26, 2012

The Gift of Grace

Today I am thankful for . . .

915.  The gift of The End of the Workweek.  It's been a tough week.  I feel very behind with my responsibilities at home . . . there were lots of extra-curricular activities this past week . . . Wayne and I are not communicating as well as we should be (just a little slice of honesty in and among the thankfulness) . . . the weather has brought about certain challenges . . . I just feel exhausted.  And that's why I'm thankful that it is the end of the workweek.

916.  The gift of Helping out at The Bridge, our church's monthly ministry to grades 5 and 6 kids.  I am so relieved to have much of the responsibility for this program off my shoulders this year, but I appreciate that I can still come help out "behind-the-scenes".  Tonight we made mini-pizzas for our snack, played games in the gym, and put together shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan's Purse).  It's always wonderful to see the generosity of families who donate things, and the excitement of the kids as they assemble gifts for kids they will likely never meet here on earth.

917.  The gift of Grace.  This is a term that I'm exploring more in depth, and I am starting to get a bit of a handle on its true meaning.  I've been convicted with the reality that in the past, I have not been a very gracious person (in the true sense of the word GRACE), and that makes me sad.  My lack of grace has resulted in some broken relationships and it's only by God's Grace that those relationships can be restored.
 
"Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)

1 comment:

Lovella said...

I want to comment on this idea of grace but right now I'm too tired. Love and miss you my dear sister!! I wish you and your family weren't so far away!!