Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Dead Mouse is a Gift

Today I am thankful for . . .

848.  The gift of A Dead Mouse.  I had a very horrible 24-hour period in my life due to the fact that a mouse got into our house.  I am not joking when I say that the fact that this creature was in my house created anxiety so deep within me that I was close to having a mental breakdown.  I am just praying that we don't have more visitors any time soon.

849.  The gift of A Day to Sub at my school.  I love the days that I get to sub for the other E.A. at my school, because it gives me time with the older students, which I miss out on at my "regular" job.

850.  The gift of Joining a Praise and Worship Team at my church, after a 12-year hiatus.  I am very rusty and didn't realize that when I am singing with the congregation, it doesn't matter if my timing and notes aren't perfect, because there isn't a microphone up to my mouth, and nobody hears my mistakes.  But now I am in a near-panic over the fact that I don't know the songs as well as I thought I did, and I really don't want to mess up.  I know it shouldn't matter, but for some reason, it does.  I am praying that by Sunday, my issues will be worked out.  I love singing . . . I just don't think I'm as gifted in this area as some other people . . .

No comments: