Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Soulstice

Today I am thankful for . . .

578.  The gift of Compassionate, Understanding Friends in the midst of our loss.  I have felt kind of stupid all day, grieving over a dog--especially when so many other friends and acquaintances are dealing with way bigger issues.  But I have been given many literal and virtual hugs today, with words of comfort and concern over the loss of Harpo.  It has been so uplifting and I am very encouraged.

579.  The gift of Summer Soulstice Salad Night.  My Women's Ministry Co-Leader and I hosted this event at our church tonight.  It was a fun time of getting to know one another more, eating some great salads, and reflecting on our Bible reading over the past month.  God is at work and He is amazing!

580.  The gift of A New Fan for our bedroom ceiling.  About 2 years ago our bedroom's ceiling fan broke down.  It's taken until this weeks' heat wave to finally look into getting another one.  I bought it tonight so hopefully Wayne will be able to install it when he gets home from work tomorrow.  I would attempt it myself, but I'm not so knowledgeable about electricity.

No comments: