Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Softer Side


"Every moment you live bowed to something, and if you don't see God in the moment, you'll bow down to something else."
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts 
Today I am thankful for . . .

377.  The gift of Witnessing The Sensitive and Empathetic Side of My Son.  I don't often see this side of Ty (he's more fun-loving and a bit of a jokester), but today something happened and his true heart shone through.  While what he shared with me was sad, it was also beautiful to see this part of him revealed.

378.  The gift of Gluten-free options.  We are having friends over tomorrow and one of the family members can eat only gluten-free food.  Since my family has no food allergies or food sensitivity issues, this was unfamiliar territory for me.  However, after consulting with the family, searching the Internet for gluten-free recipes, and reading ingredient labels, I think our meal tomorrow will be edible for everyone.  I am really looking forward to hosting this family . . . yet another family with kids for Mitchell and Ty to spend time with and that makes me doubly-thankful!

379.  The gift of Ty's help with cleaning.  Mitchell was gone to his retreat and Wayne was at work, so that left Ty and I to get the house ready for our company.  Ty was a huge help with this, and he helped out with lots of the food-prep too.  It's always great to have an extra set of hands to assist me.
 
 

No comments: