Monday, April 2, 2012

Smile!

Today I am thankful for . . .

278.  The gift of A Puppy Napping with me on the couch.  Today after supper, the boys went out to play, Wayne was at work, and I felt exhausted, so I took Billy and Alaska with me into the living room.  Alaska made herself comfortable on a chair, and Billy snuggled up beside me while we all had a nap.  It was fantastic!

279.  The gift of Encouraging a Young Woman in her life and faith walk.  I'm not sure why, but a college-and-career aged female from our church "friended" me on Facebook a few months ago . . . I knew who she was, but didn't really know her.  Evidently, she has been seeking my advice about her walk with God and life in general.  I'm not sure why she sought me out for this purpose, but I believe it's one of God's purposes for me, and I am blessed to be a listening ear and encouragement to her whenever possible.   
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." 
Ephesians 2:10 (emphasis mine).

280.  The gift of Smiling.  Today one of my Hutterite students asked me why I was always smiling.  I told him it was because smiling is better than frowning/looking angry.  He agreed that my smiling face looked better than my frowning/angry face.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I love the gift of smiling! Hopefully those smiles make a bigger difference for our world than the little effort it takes to make the smile! :o)