Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Words

Today I am thankful for . . .

263.  The gift of Being 99% Certain that Kessel has a home to go to.  She's going to go meet her potential "parents" on Friday morning.  I am praying that they fall in love with her immediately, if not sooner.

264.  The gift of Word Games.  Ty asked to play Scrabble tonight.  We didn't have enough time to fit in an entire game, so I taught the boys a modified Scrabble game called "Take Two".  You use Scrabble tiles, but everyone makes their own "word connections" with letters they choose from the pile, two-at-a-time.  I always thought Mitchell was my word-master kid, but Ty came in a close second to me in every game we played.  Unfortunately for them, word games are kind of my "thing", and they're old enough to be good sports about losing to their mom . . . but I foresee some competition in my near future . . .

265.  The gift of Receiving Prayer and Verses of Encouragement from my brother, his wife and their kids this week.  It has been very uplifting and refreshing to receive their e-mails, detailing their specific prayers for each family member, providing Bible verses to encourage us even further.

No comments: