Monday, January 23, 2012

Glimpses of Success

Today I am thankful for . . .

67.  The gift of Glimpes of Homeschooling Success.  One of the most difficult things for me with homeschooling is knowing how to accurately assess my children's knowledge in certain subject areas.  I know that the "grade" is not the end-all and be-all of one's academic existence, but I really want my boys to be equals to their peers in what they know.  Perhaps that isn't the correct mentality to have, but when you've been "public-school-ized" for over six years, some of the standards remain, whether we intend for that to happen or not.  The boys are doing very well in their "tests", and I'm very grateful for that.  It is hard to believe that school is half-done for the year.  Where is the time going?

68.  The gift of My Co-workers.  I couldn't ask to work with better people.

69.  The gift of Good Attitudes.

No comments: