Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dress for Success


Coming off of a great experience, I often feel kind of horrible once the reality of real-life sets in after-the-fact.  That's what I feel like is happening to me today, but I can't quite pinpoint why I am feeling distressed; something is just off with me and I cannot wait until the feeling passes.  And regarding the great experience, I cannot even really pinpoint what that would be.  My Christmas was good, and I enjoyed the bit of time I had to rejuvenate during the holidays.  But since Christmas, some significant negative things have happened to people very close to me, and as I reflect on what could have been, rather than what did happen, I am grateful for a God who sends His protective angels to surround us in our time of need.

I know Satan is trying desperately to drag me to a place where I don't want to be.  I see the signs and now it is time to do combat.  I am so thankful that I have the assurance of a God who is more powerful than anything else in this world, which includes the spiritual realm.  It is time for me to put on "full armour" and battle Satan's attack.  I suspect that Satan is very upset over the fact that I am committed to reading God's word daily and that I am recognizing God's goodness in my life on this blog each day by listing my "3 Gifts".

A Fight to the Finish
Ephesians 6:10-18 (The Message)

And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

Today, I am thankful for:

28.  The gift of Protection, both physically and spiritually.

29.  The gift of Hugs and Kisses.

30.  The gift of Forgiveness.

1 comment:

~Rain``` said...

May God encourage you today. Great job at counting your blessings!