Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shining Light

Every day on the way to school, the boys and I pray together.  My prayer is pretty consistently the same, with the addition of a few changes depending on what's going on that day.  But I always pray that we will all be a bright light shining in a dark world . . . that others will see a difference in us by the way we act, what we say, etc. etc.

Today Ty's teacher shared with me how much she enjoys having Ty in her class and how his beaming smile at the front of the room always brightens her day.  She told me he's always smiling, cooperative and on-task.  I felt so encouraged by her words today.  It gives me hope.

I am so thankful for the "shining lights" in my life, and more specifically, my children.  The blessing of children goes beyond anything I could have imagined.  My heart is so wrapped up in each one of them and sometimes that hurts . . . especially when I see one of them choosing to take the wide path, not the narrow one.  But I serve a miracle-performing God and that is the hope I cling to as I try to make sense of the choices my stepson is making.  It's hard.  And it seems that it is only geting harder by the minute.  For any parents reading this with children on the straight-and-narrow path, NEVER take that for granted.  THANK GOD that their eternal future is secure.

I know I have not spoken of my stepson for quite some time.  In fact, I think my RAD blog hasn't been updated for almost two years.  Maybe I'll have to go post a little update there one-of-these-days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through friends (Prairie Penguin and Rain's blogs). What a great reminder to be thankful when our kids are making good choices, and to continuously pray to be a light as we go about our daily lives.

Anita

Stacey said...

How awesome!